REGISTER FOR NY Times DIGITAL ACADEMIC SUBSCRIPTION
The New York Times Digital and the NY Times smart phone app is now available to all City College students, faculty and staff as an Academic subscription (pass)
Signing up for an Academic pass is not the same as registering or subscribing for a Commercial subscription
The academic digital subscription works as a regular commercial digital subscription with two exceptions:
1) The academic subscription does not include an app for a tablet; it provides a smart phone app mobile/nytimes.com, and
2) The academic subscription limits the number of archives articles from 1923 to 1980 that can be downloaded.
INSTRUCTION FOR REGISTRATION:
1. Go to nytimes.com/passes.
2. Click on “Register” to create a NYTimes.com account using your City College email address. You can enter a new password, or use your existing email password if you prefer.
3. Select which emails you’d like to receive from the NY Times, and then click “Create My Account.”
4. On the Welcome page, click “Continue.”
5. You will then see “Check your email.” Look for a “Confirm your email” message from the NY Times in your City College email account—it should arrive within 15 minutes.
6. Click on the link in the confirmation email.
PLEASE NOTE: IF you already have a commercial subscription (or just registered) and used your CCNY email on it (or any other CUNY email) you need FIRST to change the email address on that account to any other email address. When you’re logged into that account, click on your account name in the upper right-hand corner and then click on my account and you can change your email address. If you do not have an alternate email, then you need to sign up for one, such as Gmail, Zoho Mail, AIM mail, Icloud Mail, Yahoo! Mail, GMX Mail, Short Mail.